Tuesday 13 December 2011

Making the engine spin

As part of my animation all the Pod's are sitting at the start line ready to go. I thought it would be good at this point to make the blades of the engine spin on one of my models.


To do this I first had to ungroup the model in question this is because when I imported the model it had been grouped so that resizing would work properly.


Once this was done I grouped all the blades and the centre spindle together on each engine  and then selected them both and used the rotation tool to spin them as much as possible but with a little pickup at the beginning to make it look like they were building up momentum. 


Below is a shot of one the engines ready to spin with the rotation tool. On the time line I used 100 frames which seemed to work well for the length of clip I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment