Sunday 11 December 2011

Anakin's pod textures

For Anakin's pod I decided to import some textures that had come from the web and some that I had tweaked in photoshop. 


The first texture I imported was a sort of metal tiled effect that i thought might be good to experiment with.

When I first imported it it really didn't look great and in some ways looked more like stone than the casing of an engine. 



But then I played with the Rotate Mapping Tool and after a little experimentation I started to get the effect I wanted on the engines.

Weather luck or judgement or a little bit of both the look of the engine after rotation started to look really good even managing to get some nice ring effects on parts of the engine that needed that effect to make it look as it should. 



For the after burners I simply imported a good fire JPeg image and repeated the rotation process to create a swirling cork screw fire effect.  



Next came the texture for the main pod I knew that the texture needed had to be blue and white and I managed to find a strange blue and white spayed texture online that worked perfectly to produce the effect I wanted   

No comments:

Post a Comment