Friday 16 December 2011

Final Thoughts

So now my assignment is finished I thought I would do a post to reflect on the module.


At the beginning of the module I was at best very unsure how I would do as I hadn't expected to be doing 3D modelling. But over all I can say I have really enjoyed the module and learnt a huge amount about a tool I knew nothing about but it is a tool I will certainly use in the future especially with the rise of 3D graphics on the web using WebGL and JavaScript libraries like Three.js.


I am pleased with my final work for the module but I feel there are a few things I could have done better.
Firstly I think my animation could have been smother there are one or two points where it doesn't look quite right. This could have been achieved using paths and I wish I had done that now with hindsight. 
2 Other areas where I could have improved were Camera angles and some of the finer points of animation like anticipation and exaggeration.
I did manage to implement a few different camera angles within my video these were mainly at the beginning where the camera pans round the stadium and then at the start line where there are shots of the pods starting up and the countdown to the start of the race. It is also here where I have tried to use anticipation. Firstly the spinning up of the engine on one of the pods where it builds up speed and then at the start of the race where both the angle of the camera looking up and the timing of the 3 lights building up to be all red and then green. 


I was pleased with my models, I would never have said at the beginning of the module that I would have been able to create them to the standard that I did. 









No comments:

Post a Comment