Thursday 15 December 2011

Rendering

During the last few posts I have briefly mentioned rendering but not gone in to much detail.


Below is the render setup window this is where you can control your rendering whether a single shot or a multi frame animation.


At the top you have the common parameters section this is where you can tell 3Dmax to create a single frame or multiple frames for animation. If you wish to animate you have to tell this section which frame you wish to render from and to.


The next section is the area to render control here you can specify what you wish to be in your final shot. 


The next area controls the resolution of the output file whether a single frame or animation.


The next section adds extra controls to how you render the image.


located below the options box and out of view in the below image is the file section it is here where you specify the file format 3DS will output and where. For my animations i selected the AVI video format but you can choose many more. 






One issue I encountered which did throw me during the early stages of rendering was the area to render section I had unknowingly left the area to render box on selected and wondered why all I was getting out during the rendering process was the landscape texture.

After looking at the setup again it soon became clear what I had done.



Below is an example of what I was getting out of the rendering process when I had the options left to selection.  








No comments:

Post a Comment