Wednesday 26 October 2011

Ferrari does PodRacing

For my final model I wanted to get away from the standard Starwars Pods and make something from my own imagination. The model I designed was forged from the idea of a futuristic formula one car.
The main chassis was formed in the same way as my previous 2 models.
I also added a spoiler to the rear by extruding polygons and then reshaping so that the struts were aero dynamic and created a wing from a very thin box which I then adjusted a vertex on to give it a sharp edge. 

The next thing to do was create the engines once I had the shape I wanted I then considered where to add some air intake vents my first thought was in the middle but in practice this would not look very good.

In the end I decided to go for dual air vents on the engines via a boolean operation.   

I then added a row of spikes to the top to add some detail and make them look a little more aggressive.

Below are 2 images of my final model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment